LOS ANGELES EVENT DAY DETAILS
DATE: October 6th, 2018
LOCATION: Fairplex Exposition Complex
ADDRESS: 1101 W McKinley Ave, Pomona, CA 91768
EVENT PARKING: Parking is $12. -” Prevailing Rates” Cash and Card.
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/233372264081314/
- Friday Packet Pickup – Due to the amount of participants, we are going to be holding a free packet pickup on Friday, October 5th at the venue between 12 (noon) – 6 PM. See Below for more information on packet pickup. There will be a $5.00 fee per order if you choose to pickup your packet on Event Day.
- Inflatable attractions in the festival area are not free and will require an All Activities Pass or Attraction Ticket. There will be free activities such as the bib coloring station, the magic show, meet & greets, carnival games etc. But the inflatable attractions + Activities require an additional purchase of a ticket ($3) or all-activities pass ($20).
- Please know that you are allowed to stay ALL day at the event once you have entered.
- WATER– As it will be hot, participants are strongly encouraged to bring water with them to take on the course. We will provide water at the Finish Line/Festival Area.
- COURSE – Instead of a typical 5K course, our course is only 1 mile long and each runner will be able to do three laps around the inflatable obstacle course (3 laps = 5K). There are three obstacle stations, each with three kid-friendly obstacles to choose from. Please note that the obstacles are all kid-friendly and are not extremely large, to ensure the safety of all children.
- Children will not be free at the event and tickets will cost more at the gate. MAKE SURE TO REGISTER CHILDREN ONLINE before registration closes. This is to ensure we have an accurate headcount of those attending the event.
- PARKING–Parking is $12 or prevailing rates. All participant parking will be in dedicated lots at the Venue. Here is a festival and parking map for SATURDAY EVENT DAY. We recommend taking screenshots of the map to familiarize yourself with where you will park and walk to.
- On Saturday, event day, you may still register (either online or at our registration tent) but it will be more expensive that day.
- Credit card purchases will be possible for all purchases at the event.
- Please wear appropriate clothing/footwear to get you through the race. Be aware that the inflatables may cause small scrapes or burns. We will have an onsite medic that can assist with any injuries. The Registration and Souvenir Tent will also have band-aids available.
- Please be conscience of personal items like phones, wallets, jewelry, and glasses when on the inflatables. It would be best to leave them with a trusted, responsible friend or family member. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You may bring a lawn chair or blanket. You may not bring weapons, drugs, food, or alcohol.
- Make sure to post your photos and tag #theinflatablerun. One lucky winner during the event will win some free swag. Enter by posting and tagging us!
Friday Packet Pickup
- We are going to be holding a free packet pickup on Friday, October 5th at the venue between 12 PM – 6 PM.
- There will be a $5.00 per order packet pickup fee if you choose to pickup your registration on Saturday.
- Packet Pickup means you can come pickup the items that come with your ticket, such as your bib, temporary tattoo, etc. This way you do not need to wait in the Registration line on Saturday. Picking up your items on Friday will be free.
- If you pickup your items on Friday, then on Saturday you will not need to wait in the registration line. We highly recommend coming on Friday, as the line on Saturday could be over 30 Minutes, especially if you arrive between 8:00-:00 AM, and 11:30 – 12:30 PM.
- This packet pickup will be at the Venue (Fairplex Expo Complex). When you arrive on Friday, you will park in Lot 5. You will need to enter Gate 17 off McKinley Ave and drive to back lot which is Lot 5. You will walk to the big, white carport like structure that we will be using as our Registration Tent.
- You can also pick up registration items for other people as well, as long as you have their confirmation email ticket. (the ticket has a barcode on it).
All times are subject to change as weather or other factors may require.
- 8:00 AM: Festival Opens
- 8:30 AM: 5k Course Opens
- 9:30 AM: Wacky Meet & Greet
- 10:00 AM: Water Ball Sponge Battle
- 11:00-11:30 AM: Magic Show
- 11:45 AM: Dance Party & Giveaways at Stage
- 12:30 PM: Wacky Meet & Greet
- 1:15 PM: Water Ball Sponge Battle
- 2:00 PM: Festival & Run Closes
- Parking is $12 or prevailing rates. All participant parking will be in a dedicated lot near the festival area.
- Parking for participants will be in Lot 5. You will need to enter Gate 17 off McKinley Ave and drive to back lot which is Lot 5.
- Parking in undesignated lots (i.e. neighboring stores, streets etc.) may result in your vehicle being towed. Please make sure to park at the venue to avoid this scenario.
- Please lock your vehicle at all times. The Inflatable Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- When you arrive at the venue, check in at the Registration Tent. Registration will be held in the large, white, carport like structure.
- There will be a $5.00 per order packet pickup fee if you choose to pickup your registration on Saturday.
- Don’t have your tickets to pickup your items? You can reach out to The Inflatable Run Customer Service and we can resend you the confirmation email!
- If you purchased a Fastpass and received you items in the mail, make sure your items are in hand or on you and you can skip the registration lines!
- Please bring your ticket to pickup your registration items.
- Lost & Found is at the registration tent.
- The festival area will feature attractions. Tickets for the attractions will be for sale at the Merchandise tent. This is a large white-top tent.
- Individual attraction tickets will be $3 each. Each activity will be one ticket (face painting will be 2). The All Activities Pass will also be sold at the event for $20.
- Attractions include paradise playground, gladiator jousting, zorb ball racing, go cart racing, strong man bell, adult bouncy house, castle bouncy house, washing machine bouncer, inflatable skee ball, inflatable basketball, leaps and bound, vertical rush, adrenaline rush and water balloon battles that you won’t want to miss!
- Please note that our events do not feature carnival rides due to safety and permitting reasons.
- Merchandise will be for sale at the large white-top Merchandise Tent.
- If you ordered merchandise while registering for the event, you can pick it up at this booth. The merchandise will be under the ticket holders name. If you bought multiple tickets in the same transaction, it will be under the name of the first ticket you bought.
- The course is one mile long. You can run all three laps of the course to equal the full 5K or if you prefer to only do one or two laps you can do that as well!
- There will be 3 stations along the course with obstacles. The 3 stations on the course will feature three different options for you to choose between. Therefore you can choose different obstacles each lap!
- The start line will be on one side of the stage, and the finish line will be on the other side of the stage.
- There will be port-a-potties onsite.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the food trucks or concession on site.
- Runners are allowed to bring water on the course with them if they choose (There will be a water station in the festival area by the finish line.)
- All participants must have a bib stuck on the FRONT or BACK of their clothing to start the race.
- Shoes are allowed on the course but DO NOT wear anything that will damage the inflatables i.e. but not limited to cleats, golf shoes or other spiked running shoes. If caught wearing these type shoes on the inflatables you will be asked to leave and action will be taken to recuperate any damages.
- Please be careful when entering and exiting the inflatables. Do not roll or slide out of the inflatables. It is best to exit feet first out of the inflatables to prevent injury.
- Please be conscience of others while in the inflatables. Do not run over others as you are going through.
- Slides- Make sure the bottom of the slide is clear before sliding down. Do not slide face first down the slides. Do not jump or bounce down the slides. It is possible that you may impact the ground if the slide rules are not followed. Slides can be dangerous, please be careful!
- Do not jump over sections that you cannot see what is on the other side. There could be little kids or unexpected obstacles that could lead to injuries.
- There will be a limit of 4 people allowed on the inflatables at one time so you may have to wait for the course to clear before entering. If more people are on the inflatable than the limit, inquiries may occur.
- No front flips or back flips are allowed on the inflatables.
- If you wish to go around an obstacle please be aware that there may be cords on the ground.
SAFETY & EMERGENCY NEEDS
- All participants acknowledge that participation in The Inflatable Run contains inherent risks and dangers.
- In the event of an emergency requiring course evacuation, please follow all instructions given by Staff or Volunteers, Emergency Medical Personnel or Law Enforcement Officers.
- If you experience or witness an emergency situation while on the course, please immediately seek out an Inflatable Run team member. Staff and many volunteers will have radios and will provide quick assistance as needed.
- There will be an on site medic located in the festivities area. There will be a designated tent marked “Medical or First Aide”.
- We recommend writing your name and phone number on your child’s bib or hand/arm in the case they get separated from you. Lost children will be taken to the registration tent.
- Please understand that participation in this event is completely voluntary and that serious injury or death is possible.
- Please note that you have agreed to our Waiver and The Inflatable Festival & Run is not liable for any injuries that may occur.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to have his or her medical condition and level of fitness assessed by a doctor prior to participating in the Event.
WEATHER & NATURAL DISASTER POLICY
- The Inflatable Run will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other “severe” weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, postponed until the next day, rescheduled for another day or cancelled all together.
- There are no standing scheduled “rain dates” for events owned and directed by The Inflatable Festival & Run. Events are held rain, shine or snow. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. lightning in the area), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay, postpone or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipalities may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each individual must accept any such risk of his or her entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.