ATLANTA EVENT DETAILS
DATE: May 12th, 2018
LOCATION: GSU Stadium (Formerly Turner Field)
ADDRESS: 755 Hank Aaron Dr SE, Atlanta, GA 30315
EVENT PARKING: $15
EVENT URL: https://www.theinflatablerun.com/atlanta/
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/140253400010726/
- Inflatable Attractions In the festival area are not free and will require an All Activities Pass or Attraction Ticket. There will be free activities such as the bib coloring station, the magic show, meet & greets, carnival games etc. But the inflatable attractions + Activities require an additional purchase of a ticket ($3) or all-activities pass ($20).
- Please know that you are allowed to stay ALL day at the event once you have entered. Your 5K Time Slot is just the time you have chosen to do the run. You can come before or after your run time and stay in the festival area and do the activities. For example; If you have a 12PM-4Pm time slot you can show up at 10AM hangout and enjoy the festival then when 12PM hits you can head over to the course!
- WATER– As it will be hot, participants are strongly encouraged to bring water with them to take on the course. We will provide water at the Finish Line/Festival Area.
- COURSE – Instead of a typical 5K course, our course is only 1 mile long and each runner will be able to do three laps around the inflatable obstacle course (3 laps = 5K). There are three obstacle stations, each with three kid-friendly obstacles to choose from. Please note that the obstacles are all kid-friendly and are not extremely large, to ensure the safety of all children.
- IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, MAKE SURE TO REGISTER CHILDREN ONLINE before registration closes. Kids tickets will not be free at the gate.
- PARKING–Parking is $15 – CASH ONLY. All participant parking will be in dedicated lots at the Venue. Here is a festival and parking map for SATURDAY EVENT DAY. We recommend taking screenshots of the map to familiarize yourself with where you will park and walk to.
- Participants will have their 5K Time Slot written on their bib (i.e. 8AM-12PM or 12PM-4PM). Only runners with the correct time slot will be allowed on the course at their designated time. All others will be turned away NO EXCEPTIONS.
- On Saturday, event day, you may still register (either online or at our registration tent) but it will be more expensive that day.
- Credit card purchases will be possible for all purchases at the event.
- Please wear appropriate clothing/footwear to get you through the race. Be aware that the inflatables may cause small scrapes or burns. We will have an onsite medic that can assist with any injuries. The Registration and Souvenir Tent will also have band-aids available.
- Please be conscience of personal items like phones, wallets, jewelry, and glasses when on the inflatables. It would be best to leave them with a trusted, responsible friend or family member. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You may bring a lawn chair or blanket. You may not bring weapons, drugs, food, or alcohol.
- Make sure to post your photos and tag #theinflatablerun. One lucky winner during the event will win some free swag. Enter by posting and tagging us!
All times are subject to change as weather or other factors may require.
- 8:00 AM:Event Starts
- 8:00 AM:Course opens for first 5k time slot (8 AM – 12 PM)
- 9:30 AM:Wacky Meet & Greet
- 10:00 AM:Epic Water Battle
- 11:00 AM: Magic Show
- 11:30 AM: Dance Party & Giveaways @ The Stage
- 12:00 PM:Course closes for the first 5k time slot and opens for second 5k time slot (12 PM – 4 PM)
- 1:00 PM:Wacky Meet & Greet
- 1:30 PM:Dance Party & Giveaways @ The Stage
- 2:00 PM: Epic Water Battle
- 3:00 PM: Magic Show
- 4:00 PM:Event Ends
- Parking is $15– CASH ONLY. All participant parking will be in a dedicated lot near the festival area. Please have cash ready when you pull up to the parking attendant to expedite the line.
- Parking is located at “Georgia State Stadium Blue Lot” – 76 Fulton St SW, Atlanta, GA 30312. Entrance off Fulton Street.
- Parking in undesignated lots (i.e. neighboring stores, streets etc.) may result in your vehicle being towed. Please make sure to park at the venue to avoid this scenario.
- Please lock your vehicle at all times. The Inflatable Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- When you arrive at the venue, check in at the Registration Tents. The tents will be a large red and white top tents. Choose any lane and check in to get your registration items.
- If you purchased a Fastpass and received you items in the mail, make sure your items are in hand or on you and you can skip the registration lines!
- Don’t remember your 5k time slot? Don’t have your tickets to pickup your items? You can resend your confirmation email with this information.
- Please bring your ticket to pickup your registration items. It has a QR code that will be scanned.
- Lost & Found is at the registration tent.
- The festival area will feature attractions. Tickets for the attractions will be for sale at the Ticket Booth. This will be a red and white top tent.
- Individual attraction tickets will be $3 each. Each activity will be one ticket (face painting will be 2). The All Activities Pass will also be sold at the event for $20.
- Attractions include paradise playground, gladiator jousting, zorb ball racing, go cart racing, strong man bell, adult bouncy house, castle bouncy house, washing machine bouncer, inflatable skee ball, inflatable basketball, leaps and bound, vertical rush, adrenaline rush and water balloon battles that you won’t want to miss!
- Please note that our events do not feature carnival rides due to safety and permitting reasons.
- Merchandise will be for sale at the large white-top Souvenir Tent.
- If you ordered merchandise while registering for the event, you can pick it up at this booth. The merchandise will be under the ticket holders name. If you bought multiple tickets in the same transaction, it will be under the name of the first ticket you bought.
- You can add merchandise to your order before the event by clicking here and watching this short video tutorial.
- The course is one mile long. You can run all three laps of the course to equal the full 5K or if you prefer to only do one or two laps you can do that as well!
- There will be 3 stations along the course with obstacles. The 3 stations on the course will feature three different options for you to choose between. Therefore you can choose different obstacles each lap!
- The start line will be on one side of the stage, and the finish line will be on the other side of the stage.
- All participants must have a bib stuck on the FRONT of their clothing to start the race.
- All participants will have the 5K Time Slot written on their bib (i.e. 8AM-12PM or 12PM-4PM). Only runners with the correct 5K Time Slot be allowed on the course during their designated time. All others will be turned away NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Shoes are allowed on the course but DO NOT wear anything that will damage the inflatables i.e. but not limited to cleats, golf shoes or other spiked running shoes. If caught wearing these type shoes on the inflatables you will be asked to leave and action will be taken to recuperate any damages.
- Please be careful when entering and exiting the inflatables. Do not roll or slide out of the inflatables. It is best to exit feet first out of the inflatables to prevent injury.
- Please be conscience of others while in the inflatables. Do not run over others as you are going through.
- Slides- Make sure the bottom of the slide is clear before sliding down. Do not slide face first down the slides. Do not jump or bounce down the slides. It is possible that you may impact the ground if the slide rules are not followed. Slides can be dangerous, please be careful!
- Do not jump over sections that you cannot see what is on the other side. There could be little kids or unexpected obstacles that could lead to injuries.
- There will be a limit of 4 people allowed on the inflatables at one time so you may have to wait for the course to clear before entering.
- No front flips or back flips are allowed on the inflatables.
- If you wish to go around an obstacle please be aware that there may be cords on the ground.
SAFETY & EMERGENCY NEEDS
- All participants acknowledge that participation in The Inflatable Run contains inherent risks and dangers.
- In the event of an emergency requiring course evacuation, please follow all instructions given by Staff or Volunteers, Emergency Medical Personnel or Law Enforcement Officers.
- If you experience or witness an emergency situation while on the course, please immediately seek out an Inflatable Run team member. Staff and many volunteers will have radios and will provide quick assistance as needed.
- There will be an on site medic located in the festivities area. There will be a designated tent marked “Medical or First Aide”.
- We recommend writing your name and phone number on your child’s bib or hand/arm in the case they get separated from you. Lost children will be taken to the registration tent.
- There will be port-a-potties onsite.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the food trucks on site.
- Runners are allowed to bring water on the course with them if they choose (There will be a water station in the festival area by the finish line.)
WEATHER & NATURAL DISASTER POLICY
- The Inflatable Run will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other “severe” weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, postponed until the next day, rescheduled for another day or cancelled all together.
- There are no standing scheduled “rain dates” for events owned and directed by The Inflatable Run Events are held rain, shine or snow. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. lightning in the area), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay, postpone or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipalities may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each individual must accept any such risk of his or her entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.